This week, Bernhard Law Firm was delivering food to the South Florida community’s high-risk, disabled, and elderly community through Meals on Wheels. Meals on Wheels specializes in addressing the unique needs of America’s most vulnerable and high-risk senior and disabled populations.
Meals on Wheels South Florida is funded through the State of Florida’s Department of Elder Affairs and the Aging and Disability Resource Center in Miami and Fort Lauderdale, with funds made available by the Federal Older American’s Act, Fair Share dollars and Private Donations. Meals on Wheels has a mission of ending hunger across all ages with kindness, dignity and compassion.
[KEEP READING BELOW PHOTO]
Here is some information on Meals on Wheels South Florida:
- Meals on Wheels South Florida serves over 10,000 clients throughout South Florida annually
- Meals on Wheels South Florida provides over 1.2 million meals annually
- Our Social Work staff conducts 2,400 in home assessments annually
- The program relies on nearly 500 dedicated community volunteers
- Meals on Wheels South Florida supports 200 client companion pets
- The organization collaborates with government agencies and other nonprofits to deliver its mission
- Meals on Wheels South Florida participates with numerous local, state and national associations to promote and advocate for senior services.
Fueled by a commitment to address senior hunger and isolation, Meals on Wheels provides the basic support that seniors need to maintain their health and independence in virtually every community in America.
To get involved, volunteer, or donate, go to: https://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org/